Come and work with us!
We’re always on the look-out for talented, passionate people. We’re a hard-working and friendly bunch of people made up of the following departments:
- Customer services
- Product development/editorial
In addition, we use freelance staff to undertake data research for us. Get in touch if you’re interested and we’ll be happy to have a conversation – simply email email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Senior Conference Producer
- To support the Assistant Managing Director in leading product development to deliver high quality market research and positive tests in new and existing markets
- To oversee the production of all events so that they are delivered to budget, to schedule and to the highest quality.
- To work with marketing to ensure that all marketing opportunities are taken and sales targets are hit or exceeded
- To develop and deliver profitable live and digital training products in new and existing markets
- To support to the Assistant Managing Director to deliver company targets overall.
- To research, develop, test and launch new events and new types of professional training in a range of media in both new and existing markets, in line with company business objectives and financial requirements.
- To solicit customer feedback, conduct market research and monitor and analyse market trends and competitor information in order to develop suitable topics for new events and enhance the quality and value of existing events.
- To ensure that legal and regulatory changes are tracked and tests planned for the next 6 months and that competitor reviews are regular and thorough, so there is a pipeline of product development ideas.
- To manage presenter care, including sourcing presenters and ensuring that they receive all the briefing, training and feedback that they need to deliver high quality materials on time and within budget.
- To ensure that product development information is shared with head office and subsidiaries, and that the professional training team keeps in touch with developments in other parts of the group that might benefit the UK company.
- Line management of the professional training team, ensuring that turnover and profit targets are hit or exceeded and that all professional training is delivered to a high standard, on schedule and within budget.
- To ensure that the professional training team works effectively, flexibly and creatively with the marketing and content/publishing teams to maximise opportunities.
- To proactively develop and implement plans to deliver company, team and personal targets.
- To champion product quality, ensuring that products of all types meet customer requirements and offer benefit above cost, and that the processes in place to achieve this are effective and regularly reviewed.
- To ensure that company HR standards and legal and regulatory requirements are complied with, including contracts with presenters/sponsors.
- To manage the recruitment, induction and training of new employees, as appropriate, plus supervision of temporary/freelance staff as necessary.
- Identifying and securing relevant key speakers, obtaining notes and organising delegate pack printing within the relevant deadlines and budgets.
- Identifying and booking venues for events and obtaining the best possible value for money.
- Keeping up-to-date with new software to aid the provision of digital training products.
- Obtaining and analysing feedback from delegates and communicating where relevant to speakers and venues.
- On-site management of events both in London and nationally.
- Management and delivery of digital training programmes.
- Scrupulous administration necessary to deliver top quality professional training.
- To work with marketing to develop creative ideas and ensure that all marketing opportunities are taken and sales targets are hit or exceeded
- To assist with and add value to creating/monitoring product marketing plans/sales forecasts, to review the marketing for products and propose new target groups and marketing strategies.
- To assure the quality, accuracy, appropriateness and timeliness of copy and other materials supplied for marketing.
- To be familiar with existing data to guide product development and marketing, as well as to help to specify and source quality address data.
- To work with marketing and content/publishing teams to deliver or exceed turnover and profit targets.
- Strict cost control and monitoring the profitability of every event/product.
- To understand and optimise existing business models and develop and cost new ones.
- To ensure that all financial checks are undertaken accurately and on time to ensure maximum value for money, to monitor the profitability of products and to minimise and keep costs within budget.
- To ensure that for all expenditure and procurement, company procedures are followed.
- To assist with financial reporting.
- To assist the Managing Director and Assistant Managing Director in preparation of the annual budget as required.
- To ensure that the appropriate quality checks and approval of all materials prior to editing/typesetting and printing/replication are carried out.
- To proactively seek systematic customer feedback to help monitor and improve product quality.
- To deal with customer queries and subject-related correspondence as required.
- To assist the Assistant Managing Director and Managing Director with any reasonable tasks as required.
- Any agreements with third parties that are binding for the company require prior approval by the Managing Director.
- An entrepreneurial ability to identify, research and quickly get to grips with trends and emerging problems in new markets that give rise to customer needs
- The creativity to develop must-have product concepts and the discipline to deliver them to budget and to schedule.
- A desire to break the mould and a flair for creating new kinds of products that solve customers’ problems and deliver the benefits that customers want.
- Numerical ability to define problems, collect data, analyse and establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Leadership potential and evidence of leadership skills, along with energy and enthusiasm – must find the work interesting, enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable.
- Financial skills to plan and manage a budget, proactively seeking ways of reducing costs and understanding underlying trends.
- Excellent time management skills, highly organised and logical, able to tackle several simultaneous projects and organise a complex team workload by developing new processes and improving existing ones.
- Strong ability to negotiate with authors and other suppliers.
- IT-literate – an interest in new technologies and digital publishing/content.
- Excellent standard of written English and good eye for detail.
- Open and collaborative style: must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged.
If you would like to apply then please send your CV and cover letter to Joanna.Milne@forumbusinessmedia.co.uk explaining why you’re the ideal person for the job!