Being a pastoral leader in an education setting is a very demanding job and requires a wide range of knowledge.
Following on from our popular Pastoral Leader Certificate, this course covers key areas in more depth and also supports Pastoral Leaders who have strategic and line management responsibilities or is suitable to experienced pastoral leaders who may wish to develop more specialised knowledge. If you are looking to further develop your skills and enhance pastoral support in your setting this is for you.
Launching at the end of July 2021
- Developing Effective Behaviour Management Systems
- Running Effective Mental Health Interventions
- Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy & Coaching
- Supporting LGBTQ+ Students
- Parenting Programmes
- Ensuring Effective Transitions
- Developing a Pastoral Team
How does this course work?
The fully online course is delivered via our specialist learning platform – you will be able to access training videos, written materials, downloadable templates, examples and tools, and a test at the end to check your learning.
Designed for flexible learning it means you can work at your own pace and in your own time, and with a year’s access you can keep going back to refresh your knowledge.
- Module 1:
Developing Effective Behaviour Management Systems
- The aims of any behaviour management system
- What does research tell us about different systems?
- Ensuring effective implementation
- Evaluating and continuing to develop
- Module 2:
Running Effective Mental Health Interventions
- Government & professional advice regarding MH interventions
- Types of interventions available
- Selecting the right intervention for your setting
- Effectively implementing and monitoring
- Module 3:
Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy & Coaching
- What is coaching?
- What is CBT?
- How can they be used with students?
- How can we implement into daily practice?
- Module 4:
Supporting LGBTQ+ Students
- Building a safe, inclusive environment
- Supporting transgender students
- Training staff
- Encouraging LGBTQ+ voice
- Module 5:
- Research around parenting programmes
- Parenting programmes available
- Running your own parenting programme
- Reducing the stigma of providing parental support
- Module 6:
Ensuring Effective Transitions
- Transitioning into your setting
- Transitions out of your setting
- Supporting students with additional needs
- Supporting students who join during the school year
- Module 7:
Developing a Pastoral Team
- Pastoral team models
- Setting up effective communication systems
- Developing effective pastoral skills
- Managing a team of pastoral staff