This online training course offers a comprehensive introduction into the fascinating topic of art therapy and is designed as an informative resource for psychologists, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, counsellors, care workers, teachers, parents and anyone else who is interested in learning about the practice of art therapy. Focused on shedding light on the reflective and restorative values of personal art-making, this course is perfect for those that are seeking to understand the use of art therapy and art in psychological and emotional health and well-being.
In recent years, art therapy, along with other creative therapies has cemented its presence in the field of professional psychotherapy. It encourages one to explore and express emotions, resolve inner conflicts, and to enhance self-awareness and self-esteem using a wide range of art materials. Through the course, participants will understand how they function as individuals and as part of a larger family and societal ecosystem, thereby surfacing some adjustments required to live.
Sign up for the course and see how art can be used in everyday self-care practice for everyone including adults and children, while also gaining a clear understanding of what art therapy really is. Learn to apply these practical and easy self-care art activities for yourselves, or to occupy children you know in a meaningful way.
*Note: This online course is of an informative nature and does not confer the rights to anybody to practise as a professional art therapist upon completion. Art therapists require the completion of a relevant qualifications.
**Please note: access to the course will not be granted until payment has been made.**
Attend this course if you want to:
- Learn how art-making can contribute to your self-care and wellness.
- Understand and appreciate the use of art in art therapy and develop a crystal-clear idea of what art therapy really is.
- Gain an overview of the tools and methods that are used during art therapy sessions.
- Learn how to plan and facilitate therapeutic art sessions that includes engaging the individual to freely express using the art materials.
- Understand the long-term lasting impact of art therapy on individuals.
- Know and understand the requirements of art therapy as a profession (Note: Art therapists require the completion of relevant qualifications in Art Therapy, and art therapy can only be practised by qualified art therapists).
- Module 1:
WHAT IS ART THERAPY?
- Definition and benefits of art therapy
- Difference between art therapy and other art related programmes
- Art therapy spectrum and who is art therapy for?
- Tools and methods used in art therapy
- Module 2:
KEY CONCEPTS AND ETHICS OF ART THERAPY
- Unique difference of art therapy in comparison to other modalities
- Triangular relationship & Psychodynamic framework
- Expressive Therapies Continuum Model
- Ethical practices of Art Therapy
- Module 3:
CHALLENGES IN ART THERAPY
- Purpose of setting boundaries (at organization and at personal levels)
- Stigma against mental wellness
- Misconceptions of Art Therapy
- Art therapy space
- Module 4:
BECOMING AN ART THERAPIST
- Requirements and qualifications needed to become a professional art therapist
- Accreditation art therapy boards and regulations
- Job opportunities in the field of art therapy
- Art therapist role and its importance