The Safeguarding Adult in Charities Conference has been designed to help charities keep up to date with latest guidance, best practice and regulatory framework around safeguarding, and provide them with support and expert advice so they can be confident that their processes and measures are robust and effective.
The conference will explore key issues around risk management and how to strengthen assessment, measures and responses, being prepared and able to handle incidents when they occur, and priorities for improvement.
It will also look at how charities can ensure every member of staff and every volunteer has an acute awareness and understanding of safeguarding– using recruitment processes, induction, supervision and training to embed it into everyday practice.
What will you learn at this crucial conference?
- Legal and regulatory round-up – everything you need to know
- Best practice risk management – putting in place the most effective measures to protect adults and your organisation, being able to respond to new and rapidly changing risk, and managing the unexpected
- Essential guidance on handling safeguarding allegations – how to handle the reporting of allegations or concerns, and identifying any patterns or trends – both within your charity, and nationally
- Staff awareness and prevention – ensuring safeguarding is embedded into recruitment, induction, employment and supervision arrangements and making safeguarding a priority and a fundamental responsibility for all staff and volunteers
- Registration and refreshments
An introduction: Safeguarding Adults – where are we now?
- Assessing the impact of Covid-19
- Funding and resource challenges
- Strengthening your culture of safety
- Working with adult safeguarding boards and other external agencies
- Break and Networking
The current legal and regulatory framework
- Latest Charity Commission Guidance
- Your current legal obligations and duty of care
- Mental capacity and new LPS
- Making safeguarding personal
- Going beyond compliance
- Networking Lunch
Strengthening and prioritising risk management across your organisation
- Assessing operational and strategic risk
- Keeping up to date with new and evolving risk
- Overcoming challenges to robust risk management
- Responding to unexpected risk and rapidly changing situations
- Best practice reporting procedures
Best practice guidance: handling incidents, allegations and concerns
- Whistle blowing and dealing with disclosures
- Accurate incident reporting
- Investigations and co-operation – working with the appropriate authorities
- The Charity Commission and recent interventions
- Identifying incident patterns and trends
Embedding safeguarding: safer staff recruitment, training and employment
- How can we safeguard our recruitment processes?
- Employment law, accountability and volunteers
- Contracts – incl. disciplinary and termination considerations
- Effective on boarding processes
- Ongoing training and supervision arrangements
- Close of conference