Are you currently working in charity management?
Would you like to ensure you are complying with the most up-to-date requirements?
Do you have gaps in your knowledge or experience that you’d like to fill?
Then the Charity Management Certificate is for you!
How does it work?
The fully online course is delivered via our specialist learning platform – each module consists of training videos, written materials, downloadable templates, examples and tools, and a test at the end to check your learning.
Designed for flexible learning it means you can work at your own pace and in your own time, and with a year’s access you can keep going back to refresh your knowledge.
We estimate 2-4 hours learning time for each module depending on time taken reading and note-taking.
Starts June 2020
- Module 1: Exploring the role of a leader
- Module 2: Your fundraising strategy
- Module 3: Boosting your digital marketing strategy
- Module 4: Financial management essentials for charity leaders
- Module 5: Data protection and GDPR
- Module 6: Safeguarding Adults and children in charities
- Module 7: Supporting staff mental health
- Module 8: Employment law essentials
- Module 9: Staff recruitment, retention and employee engagement
- Module 1
Exploring the role of a leader
- The importance of your role
- Professional development for you and your team
- What does it take to be an outstanding leader?
- Evolving and adapting your management style
- Module 2
Your fundraising strategy
- Diversifying your income streams
- Using new technology platforms
- Improving your bid writing skills
- Complying with fundraising regulations
- Module 3:
Boosting your digital marketing strategy
- Dr. Elvira Bolat
- Building an online presence
- Improving your social media
- Avoiding common pitfalls
- Your online video strategy
- Using data more effectively to tailor your message
- Module 4:
Financial management essentials for charity leaders
- Financial reporting essentials; what, who, where, when?
- Your guide to SORPs
- Working with trustees
- Preparing annual reports
- Charity tax update
- Module 5:
Data protection and GDPR
- The current data protection landscape
- Effectively managing security risks
- Detecting security breaches and minimising impact with things go wrong
- Secure data sharing
- Module 6:
Safeguarding Adults and children in charities
- Elizabeth Anderson
- What is safeguarding?
- What is your legal responsibility?
- Safe recruitment and screening
- Implementing safeguarding processes and procedures
- Responding to safeguarding concerns
- Module 7:
Supporting staff mental health
- Promoting employee wellbeing
- Raising awareness and removing stigma
- Developing a mental health framework
- Understanding your obligations as an employer
- Managing employees with mental health issues
- Tackling work related stress
- Module 8:
Employment law essentials
- Yvonne Hardiman
- Maternity, paternity and adoption rights
- Managing sickness and absence
- Discipline and grievance
- Termination of employment
- Employment law and volunteers
- Module 9:
Staff recruitment, retention and employee engagement
- Yvonne Hardiman
- Staff recruitment procedures – making the best hires
- Staff training and inductions
- What is employee engagement?
- Assessing current levels of engagement in your organisation
- Implementing engagement strategies
- Maintaining engagement during times of change
- Wellbeing and engaging your employees
- Successful performance management