Online – Launching in September
Organisations across the UK have faced unprecedented challenges in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic. Strong and agile leadership has been, and remains, essential, with many organisations showing an amazing ability to innovate and diversify.
So, what makes a good leader? And a good manager? And how can they help to drive a sustainable future for their organisations and workforce?
The fully online Leadership Development Course will explore what skills, behaviours and capabilities leaders need in the 21st Century – including assessing the impact of Covid-19, best practice examples of outstanding leadership and innovation, and driving your own professional development ambitions.
Perfect for new, aspiring, or established leaders and managers, the course will examine key topics such as change leadership, employee engagement, coaching and setting high standards of management.
Further modules will consider at how leaders can more effectively look after their employee’s mental health and wellbeing, and how they can set and implement ambitious inclusion agendas which promote diversity, collaboration and growth.
How does it work?
The fully online course is delivered via our specialist learning platform UNIQSKILLS – each module will consist of training videos, written materials, downloadable templates, examples and tools, and a test at the end to check your learning.
- Understand what makes a strong and effective leader
- Analyse best practice management strategies and standards
- Look at how to drive engagement and productivity
- Explore the impact of innovation and how you can promote creative thinking and collaboration
- Examine the implications of poor mental wellbeing and how to create more mentally-healthy workplaces
- Prioritising diversity and inclusion – discuss the practical steps can leaders take to improve D&I and tap into its business potential
- Module 1:
What makes a good leader? Defining leadership in the 21st Century
- Re-thinking leadership – how has leadership changed?
- Leadership styles, skills and behaviours
- Remote leadership and inspiring trust
- Emotional intelligence and kindness in leadership
- Personal resilience and agility
- Module 2:
Change leadership: effectively driving and navigating change
- Responding to and managing uncertainty
- Innovation in the face of disruption
- What lessons have we learnt from the Covid-19 crisis?
- Restructuring your workforce – best practice guidance
- Driving change and business growth and inspiring creative thinking
- Module 3
Employee engagement, experience and productivity
- Assessing the relationship between productivity and engagement
- What is employee experience and why does it matter?
- Flexibility and new ways of working
- From the top down – motivating and inspiring your staff
- Affordable and practical engagement strategies
- Module 4
Setting a high standard for management
- Embedding organisational values into management structures
- Coaching and developing your managers
- How can we delegate more effectively?
- Performance management as a strategic tool
- How can we build stronger teams?
- Module 5
Prioritising wellbeing, diversity and inclusion
- Why is looking after staff wellbeing so important?
- The role of leaders in creating mentally-healthy workplaces
- Setting a successful D&I agenda in your organisation
- Tapping into diversity and new ways of thinking
- Understanding the law around equality and discrimination