This half-day online training will give you a strong overview of how to continue to manage COVID-19 in the workplace. The aim is to deepen your background technical knowledge on COVID-19, so this can be put into practice with your staff and teams.
The aim of a COVID-19 Officer is to create and maintain an environment which will promote and improve the safety of, staff, visitors and contractors in relation to COVID-19 . The COVID-19 officer also supports to convert COVID-19 related policies into achievable “do-able” practice.
The key responsibilities of a COVID-19 Officer include:
• Development of local policies and procedures
• Developing COVID-19 standards within the organisation
• Able to challenge poor practice and empower others to operate safely
• Acts as a resource person for staff in relation to COVID-19
• Assists with the training of staff on COVID-19 issues
• Acts as a role model and ambassador for COVID-19 best practices.
The course is run by Josie Winter , who holds an MSc in Infection Prevention & Control, is a University lecturer on Infection Prevention & Control and a Scientific advisor for BICs (British Institute of Cleaning Science)
• What is COVID-19 and how it differs from other infections ?
• The chain of infection and how COVID-19 is spread?
• The role and responsibilities of a COVID-19 Officer
• How Infection Control Precautions helps to reduce transmission
• Managing a workplace outbreak
• Facilitating “Warn & Inform ‘ Sessions and answering staff FAQ’s
• Overview of vaccines & testing
• Risk Assessing, auditing and other useful documentation