What does diversity and inclusion mean in your organisation?
Although progress has been made, recent events have made us sit up and pay attention to the huge amount of work still needed to create genuine equality in our social, personal and professional communities.
We know greater diversity and inclusion gives organisations competitive advantage, inspires innovation, and creates healthy workplace cultures, but how can we go beyond the buzzwords and enact real change?
Join us for the 2nd edition of the Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace Conference 2021 where we will look past vanity screening and discuss how to make real, sustainable changes in your organisation, how to tap into the creativity of our people, and how to ensure our HR processes are fair and transparent so we can attract the best talent into our workforces.
Let’s move the conversation into action
What will be discussed at this conference?
Hear from leaders in Diversity & Inclusion in a range of keynotes, panels, interviews and discussions.
- Why are we still nervous talking about Diversity?
- Beyond the Buzzwords and Vanity Screening
- Understanding and Promoting Neurodiversity In Your Organisation
- Parental Power – Flexible Working Practice for Working Parents
- Race Inclusion in Work
- Gender Identities in the Workplace
- Working from the Top – D&I at a Senior Level
Don’t just listen to the experts – get involved in the discussion and choose a top you want to dive deeper into. Choose from any of the following:
- Race and Terminology
- Autism and ADHD
- Pandemic Impact on Wellbeing
- Recruitment and People Management
- Disability and Invisible Illness
- Senior Leadership and Representation
- Registration and refreshments
- Chairperson’s welcome
Opening Keynote: Why are we still nervous talking about Diversity?
Panel: Beyond the Buzzwords and Vanity Screening
So many companies are striving for excellence when it comes to Diversity & Inclusion, but how do we ensure that inclusive practice and process aren’t just a marketing tool?
In this session, we will speak with experts and ask the key questions: How do we go beyond box ticking? How do we make real, lasting change?
- Break and Networking
Panel: Understanding and Promoting Neurodiversity In Your Organisation
Organisations need to understand how to harness the unique set of skills that come from neurodivergent employees, and the way they can interpret information and innovate can be the ways that catapult organisations to the next level.
Speakers representing various forms of neurodiversity, answering your burning questions:
- How can you create an inclusive work environment and encourage neurodiversity?
- What are the common misconceptions surrounding your ability to work?
- What practical measures can employers put in place to support a neurodivergent employee?
- Interview: Parental Power - Flexible Working Practices for Working Parents
- Lunch and Networking
Panel: Race Inclusion at Work
Despite societal efforts for more representation and inclusion of people from ethnic minority backgrounds, there are still barriers to progression in companies in comparison to white counterparts.
In this session, hear from ethnic minority leaders that are making real change in their organisation’s, empowering their workforce and creating inclusive environments.
|Don’t just listen to the experts – get involved in the discussion and choose a topic you want to dive deeper into. Choose from any of the following:|
|Race and Terminology||Autism and ADHD|
|Pandemic Impact on Wellbeing||Recruitment and People Management|
|Disability and Invisible Illness||Senior Leadership and Representation|
- Break and Networking
Hear from the experts that led the roundtables, what the other groups discussed and the key takeaways.
Panel: Gender Identities in the Workplace
More people are being open about their gender identity. Employers need to understand what aspects of their process or policies could exclude certain people, how employers must enforce a zero-tolerance against harassment and bullying, and provide in the way of facilities and safe working environments.
In this session, we will discuss:
- The importance of pronouns
- Respecting your employees and customers with gender neutral language
- Educating your workforce on gender inclusive practice
- Enforcing zero-tolerance
Closing Keynote: Working from the Top - D&I at a Senior Level
- End of Conference