Managing Mental Health in the Workplace Conference
- 28 January 2021
£279.99 + VAT
(Book before 18th August and save £25)
The agenda already appealed to me but the reality of the day was even better! Super impressed with how the speakers also offered further assistance outside the day , which means learning about mental health is more than just a one day training session
Head of HR , Poupart Produce
The Coronavirus pandemic has highlighted the need for employers to support the mental health of their staff, and with experts warning the mental health consequences are likely to be with us for a long time, it is imperative that employers prioritise mental wellbeing and promote mentally-healthy environments – both physically and virtually.
The popular Managing Mental Health in the Workplace Conference will provide expert guidance and explore best practice – looking at the current outlook for employee mental health, what practical steps and measures employers can take to embed positive wellbeing, and how to recognise and manage those with mental health problems.
The conference will also examine your legal obligations around mental health, including the impact of the workplace and workplace stress, understanding the equality act, and what ‘reasonable adjustments’ means in practice.
There will also be case study sessions on crisis situations and mental wellbeing, and breaking the taboo and stigma around mental health in the workplace and professional environments, as well as a panel discussion on the importance of looking after your own mental health.
Why attend the conference?
- Examine the impact of Covid-19 on mental health and consider what we can do to minimise the long-term implications
- Prioritise mental wellbeing in your organisation – support your employees, attract and keep your staff, and drive productivity and performance
- Gain expert guidance on what practical steps, initiatives and policies you can implement which will have a tangible, positive impact
- Explore real life examples and situations to inform your mental health planning and actions
- Receive an update on your legal duty of care and compliance
- Network with your peers and share learnings, experiences and knowledge
- Registration and refreshments
- Chairperson's Welcome
Where are we now? Exploring the current state of employee mental health
- The impact of Covid-19 on mental wellbeing
- The growing issue of mental health-related absenc
- Why should organisations prioritise mental health?
- Refreshments and networking
Crisis situations and mental health – how can we minimise the impact?
What are your legal obligations around mental health?
- Understanding your legal duty of care
- The Equality Act – recruitment and sickness absence
- Managing work-related stress effectively
- Reasonable adjustments and diligence
- Networking lunch
Lifting the stigma around mental health in the 21st Century
How can you best support the mental wellbeing of your employees?
- Engaging with staff and fostering a proactive approach
- Embedding a focus on empathy and awareness into management structures
- Effective wellbeing benefits and programmes
- Helping staff to look after their own mental health
- Partnership working with mental health specialists and charities
- Refreshments and networking
Managing employees with mental health conditions – awareness and practical support
- Recognising the signs of mental ill health
- Understanding anxiety and stress
- Going beyond compliance – flexibility and making adjustments
- Supporting staff back to work after absenc
- Managing critical incidents, safeguarding and confidentiality
Discussing the importance of looking after your own mental wellbeing
- Close of Conference