The Coronavirus pandemic has brought about unprecedented disruption to the very fabric of our society and workplaces, with HR professionals and employers having to make difficult decisions and respond with agility and creativity to secure the future of their organisation and workforces.
So, what have we learnt from the pandemic and will there be permanent workplace shifts and changing responsibilities in its wake?
The National HR Conference will bring together HR professionals from across the UK to examine the role of HR in 2021, including looking at best practice leadership and developing integrated people strategies. It will also consider how we can tap experiences from the pandemic and use them to empower the function and drive innovation for the future.
Further sessions will explore key employment trends and challenges – including enabling remote, flexible and agile working, improving employee experience, handling restructuring, redundancies and tribunals, and assessing the latest technology practices and insights.
- Explore what we have learnt from the pandemic – incl. best practice examples of innovation, resilience and agility – and use this to drive sustainability and improvements for the future
- Consider the national and specific challenges you face, and gain support for getting your organisation back on track
- Receive an essential employment law and regulatory round-up
- Develop your leadership capabilities and impact – assess what attributes, behaviours and skills make an effective leader
- How can we improve employee experience, productivity and retention? Look at how we can make structures more people-centric, support wellbeing, and engage our employees
- Understand the key technology trends and insights and how they might help support more effective, efficient and empowered processes
- Network with your peers and like-minded individuals – share knowledge, experiences and learnings, and develop long lasting connections and relationships.
So, come together to discuss the role of HR in shaping the future of work, and gain expert guidance on navigating the biggest issues impacting HR in 2021 and beyond!
- Registration and refreshments
- Chairperson’s Welcome
The role of HR in shaping the future of work
- Covid-19 – have priorities changed?
- Understanding the permanent workplace shifts post-Covid
- Shaping organisational design and navigating change
- Collaborative working and supporting business leaders
- Morning Refreshments
HR in 2021: leadership, stability and agility
- What does good leadership look like in 2021?
- Developing a joined-up approach and an integrated people strategy
- Data science and insights into workforce management
- Innovation and agility – tapping into lessons from the pandemic
Employment law essentials – a key legislative update
- Kevin Poulter
- Assessing the implications of Covid-19
- Key employment trends 2021
- Recent and incoming legislative changes
- Networking Lunch
Managing employee experience and making structures more people-centric
- Jo Ivers
- Prioritising wellbeing and emotional health
- Enabling flexible, agile and digital working
- Top engagement strategies and initiatives
- Driving an engaging learning and development agenda
- Networking break and refreshments
Using technology and innovation to empower HR for the future
- Top trends and latest insights
- How can technology support a more inclusive and diverse workforce?
- Most effective HR management tools to enhance performance
- Creative thinking around communication and integration
- End of conference