The Department of Education is governing change for the Early Years Foundation Stage in 2021.
These changes are aimed at improving the educational learning for children, in particular supporting children from disadvantaged backgrounds, as well as reducing teacher workload with changes to the assessment and moderation process.
This conference will be covering the changes made to the education programmes and Early Learning Goals (ELGs), how the DfE is changing assessments and introducing positive oral health education as part of your safeguarding and welfare processes.
We will also learn from the schools participating in the early adoption of the reform, to support others before the statutory roll out in September 2021.
Join our expert speakers at the 2021 EYFS Framework Conference to gain knowledge, guidance and best practice on these key topics:
- Learnings from early adopters
- Changes to the educational programmes
- How to effectively meet and achieve the Early Learning Goals
- Building curriculums that benefit all children, including SEN pupils
- Changes to the local authority assessment and moderation process
- Promoting positive oral health in early years
- 09.00 - 09.25
- Registration and refreshments
- 09.25 - 09.30
- Chairpersons welcome
- 09.30 - 10.30
Overview of key changes to EYFS and what we have learn from early adopters
- Motivation behind changes
- What are the key takeaways from early adoption?
- Adjusting to the new framework and recommendations for an easy transition
- 10.30 - 11.00
- Break and Networking
- 11.00 - 12.00
Changes to the learning and development in Educational Programmes, with greater clarity of the descriptors.
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Literacy and mathematics
- Understanding the world, and expressive arts and design
- 12.00 - 13.00
Early Learning Goals
The reform has changed 17 ELGs, as well as the descriptions of these goals. This session will look at those changes and how you can adapt, including a look at:
- Communication and language: how to show a greater focus on adult-child interaction
- PSED – teaching to lead healthy lives, both physically and emotionally, and creating positive friendships
- Understanding the World: further development for children needing to understand “Past, Present and Future”
- Expressive Arts and Design: what tools, materials and techniques can you use to demonstrate this ELG?
- 13.00 - 14.00
- Lunch and Networking
- 14.00 - 15.00
- What are the key changes to the assessment process?
- Reducing teacher workload with the removal of the local authority moderation of the judgements
- Materials and judgements teachers need to assess the 19 ELGs
- 15.00 - 15.15
- Break and Networking
- 15.15 - 16.00
Safeguarding and Welfare: Oral Health
- Education of oral health in early years
- Introducing oral health education in your service
- Promoting good oral health in school and at home
- End of conference