Up-to-date theory and practice to help current and aspiring managers
Are you looking to develop your skills and build your knowledge to deliver high quality care and learning? Then the Outstanding Early Years Online Course is the must-have resource for you!
The fully online course will explore current early years public policy and legislation, changes and developments within the sector, and how the role of early years manager has evolved in recent years.
Further modules will look at what makes an outstanding leader and provide best practice guidance for driving continuous improvement and embedding self-evaluation processes across your setting.
The course will provide practical support and strategies for managing your team, and will also help practitioners meet Ofsted’s Leadership and Management judgement criteria and reach outstanding.
*Launching in November*
- An up-to-date look at early years public policy and the implications for your setting
- Exploring changes and developments to the sector and your role
- Best practice staff management and getting the most out of your team – including performance, engagement and high-quality CPD
- Guidance for supporting staff mental health and wellbeing
- What makes a good leader? Examining theory, practice and how to be the most effective leader you can be
- Driving continuous improvement across your setting – embedding self-evaluation processes, managing change and best practice budget management
How does it work?
The fully online course is delivered via our specialist learning platform UNIQSKILLS – each module will consist of training videos, written materials and a test at the end to check your learning.
The course is designed for independent, flexible learning so you can learn at your own pace, in your own time. And with a year’s access, you can keep going back to refresh your knowledge!
- Module 1:
Early years management: your role and current sector outlook
- An overview: current picture for early years public policy
- Changes and developments within the early years sector
- How has the role of the Early Years Manager evolved?
- Achieving high standards of care and learning for all children
- Module 2:
Effective staff management and support
- Evaluating staff practice and driving continuous improvement
- Best practice performance management
- Employee engagement and motivation
- Training and development: prioritising learning in your setting
- Supporting staff mental health and wellbeing
- Module 3:
Leading your setting: what makes a good leader?
- Management vs leadership in early years
- Leadership styles and new ways of leading
- Developing your role and leadership skills
- Strengthening team relationships and internal collaboration
- Engaging with learners, parents and the community
- Module 4:
Improving your setting: self-evaluation, effectiveness and sustainable change
- Embedding continuous improvement processes into your setting
- Evaluating your practice and identifying areas for improvement
- Implementing improvement plans and reviewing impact
- Effectively managing and sustaining change
- Finance and budgets: getting more out of less