Parents are taking an active role in their children’s learning. With schools potentially reopening in coming weeks, how can educators tap into this engagement and develop positive and effective long-term relationships with parents?
The Positive Parental Engagement short online course will provide educators with best practical guidance for involving and engaging parents and guardians in their child’s education.
The course will discuss what parental engagement is, strategies and processes your school can implement, and the barriers to parental involvement from academic expectations to mental health and home problems.
Who is this course for?
Headteacher’s, Attendance Officers, School Business Managers, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, School Office Managers
This course will be launching early June!
Learning objectives for this training
Module 1: Best practice strategies to improve parental engagement
Module 2: Barriers to parental involvement
- Module 1:
Best practice strategies to improve parental engagement
- What is parental engagement and why is it so important?
- Flexible approaches and programmes for staff and pupils
- Making school a positive and welcoming environment
- Managing parental expectations and maintaining boundaries
- Proving practical support and guidance
- Maintaining engagement
- Module 2:
Barriers to parental involvement
- What are the most common barriers to parental engagement
- Parental engagement and mental health
- Managing parental pressure and high academic expectations
- Extreme scenario’s
- Building a positive relationship with parents and wider community
- Best practice interventions and their impact