The issue of attendance is as crucial now as it ever was and for most schools, it’s still a huge challenge. That’s why we are proud to announce the return of the School Attendance Conference for 2019, with a brand new agenda!
- Attendance and the new Ofsted inspection framework – what to expect for attendance under the new framework and how to prepare for Ofsted
- Attendance and absence management – keeping you up-to-date with what’s new and your legal requirements
- Tried and tested interventions for improving attendance – tackling punctuality, persistent absence and school refusers
- Supporting good attendance at home – how and when to involve parents when a problem arises
- Exploring mental health and school attendance – your guide to supporting pupils with mental health difficulties to attend school
- 09.00 - 09.25
- Registration and refreshments
- 09.25 - 09.30
- Chairperson's address
- 09.30 - 10.15
Attendance and Absence Management
- Ben Whitney
- What’s new?
- Meeting legal requirements in registration
- The role of governing bodies
- 10.15 - 11.15
Managing mental health and school attendance
- John Rees
- The link between mental health and attendance
- Early identification of problems
- Getting pupils the right support
- Working with pupils and families
- Handling absences from school owing to mental health difficulties
- 11.15 - 11.45
- Refreshments and networking
- 11.45 - 12.30
Supporting good attendance at home
- Joanne Sierzega
- Communicating with parents and guardians about attendance
- Improving parental responsibility
- What steps to take when a problem first arises
- Tackling long-term attendance problems
- Hard to reach families
- 12.30 - 13.15
- Networking lunch
- 13.15 - 14.15
Tried and tested interventions for improving attendance
- Joanne Sierzega
- Successful ways of tackling punctuality problems
- Tackling long term attendance problems
- The issue of school refusers
- 14.15 - 14.30
- Afternoon refreshments
- 14.30 - 15.30
Attendance and a new Ofsted inspection framework
- Matt Bromley
- Why is Ofsted proposing a new inspection framework?
- What is different about the new framework?
- What part will attendance and punctuality play in future inspections?
- What will attendance good practice look like under the new framework?
- How can schools prepare attendance data for inspection under the new framework?
Holiday Inn BloomsburyCoram Street, London, WC1N 1HT
- By Rail/Tube
- By Car
For partnership opportunities, please contact Jessica Musetti on 07539 926 835 or email Jessica.Musetti@forumbusinessmedia.co.uk