Launching December – available to pre-order at discounted rate
Are you interested in understanding more about project management? Not sure which style suits you?
Then the Introduction to Project Management Certificate is for you!
This comprehensive 7-module course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to lead, manage and deliver projects from conception to end.
Through this course, you will explore the key processes and various styles of project management and the roles and responsibilities within projects. You will also learn how to continuously develop and control progress, effectively budget and finance projects, and how to manage risk.
After completing this course, you will:
- Have a well-rounded understanding of the basics of Project Management.
- Identify and explain 4 separate styles of project management.
- Set and delegate the correct roles and responsibilities to the appropriate people.
- Manage documentation, track KPI’s and how to report project progress to leadership.
- Be able to conduct a risk analysis that can be used to make decisions to avoid threat.
- Manage project budgets, how to report spending and how to adapt when going over the budget.
Course content and how the online course works
Why this course?
- Introduction to Project Management – what makes a project and what does it consist of?
- Project Management Styles – the key foundations of 4 project management styles: Waterfall, Agile, Strategic and SCRUM.
- Managing Teams, Roles and Responsibilities – what roles are necessary for a functioning project, and what does project leadership look like?
- Project Development – how to break down a project and effectively execute.
- Monitoring and Controlling Projects – how should you report on project process and adapt with change.
- Risk Management – conducting analysis, assessing risks and deciding appropriate responses.
- Budgeting and Financing Projects – controlling your budget and reporting project finances.
How does it work?
The course is fully online and designed for flexible, independent learning – you will have a year’s access to the course so you can learn at your own pace, and at times which suit you.
Delivered via our specialist online learning platform UNIQSKILLS, the course consists of training videos, written and downloadable materials, and a test at the end of each module to check your learning.
- Module 1
Introduction to Project Management
- What is a project?
- What does a project consist of?
- The elements of a project
- Module 2
Project Management Styles
- Module 3
3. Managing Teams, Roles and Responsibilities
- How does a project team function?
- What are the roles and responsibilities?
- Executive leadership and project leadership
- Project work teams
- Module 4
- What is project development?
- Breaking down the project into stages
- Executing the project
- Module 5
Monitoring and Controlling Projects
- Managing documentation
- Performance reporting and tracking KPI’s
- Change management
- Cost management
- Module 6:
- What is risk management?
- Conducting a risk analysis
- Accounting for human error
- Module 7:
Budgeting and Financing Projects
- How to set and control a budget
- Financial accounts and reporting finances
- What to do when going overbudget