Helping you sail through your next inspection
In these challenging times it is now more important than ever for practices to run an effective and efficient service that provides top standards of care.
The GP CQC Conference 2021 will offer support, advice and guidance for GP practices, helping them to meet, and exceed CQC expectations, demonstrate compliance and ensure the inspection process is as smooth as possible.
The conference will also explore the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic, and how this might impact future inspections and processes, as well as providing business continuity planning guidance and strategies for fostering resilience.
Key takeaways include
- Understand the latest CQC Guidance and regulations
- Look at how has the pandemic impacted inspections and CQC expectations
- Preparing for an inspection – the do’s and the don’ts
- How to obtain and use the views of your patients
- Critical health and safety guidance – including best practice infection prevention and control
- Driving improvement and a sustainable business
- Registration, refreshments and networking
- Chairperson's address
Latest on inspections, legislation and regulatory guidance
• Latest CQC Guidance and procedures
• Key legal requirements and fundamental standards of care
• How has the pandemic impacted inspections?
• What will a remote model look like?
- Morning refreshments
Preparing for inspection and managing the process
• Your inspection checklist and top tips
• What information will inspectors want to see?
• Preparing your staff and practice
• Leading the inspection – what to expect
• Promoting your practice on the day
• Responding to and challenging your draft report
Involving patients in their care and demonstrating compliance
• Providing the right care, treatment and support for their needs
• Patient experience and why their views matter
• Linking how you obtain feedback to key areas of compliance
• Achieving the best possible outcomes
• Responding to care and quality concerns, and complaints management
- Networking buffet lunch
Health and safety, safeguarding and risk management
• What have we learnt from the pandemic?
• Maintaining excellent infection control and cleanliness measures
• Best practice risk management systems and processes
• Meeting health and safety standards
• Core safeguarding principles
- Afternoon refreshments
Driving continuous improvement and business continuity planning
• Embedding improvement processes throughout your service
• Demonstrating a commitment to excellence through audit
• Monitoring and evaluating performance
• Learning from examples of outstanding practice
• Business continuity planning and fostering resilience
- Close of conference