Are you in a managerial or supervisor role that is expected to deal with some human resource issues?
HR is a mandatory function in all companies, no matter the size of the organisation. However, for many people fulfilling this function, it’s not their sole role – and is often undertaken without any training.
Would you like to complete a comprehensive online training course to improve your human resources knowledge and ensure you are ready for any HR situation?
Then the HR for the Non-HR Manager Certificate is for you! This course will help you explore and tackle your obligations – including planning, employment law, retention and recruitment, and supporting mental health in your organisation.
You’ll have a whole year to complete the course plus a certificate to download upon completion.
**Please note: access to the course will not be granted until payment has been made.**
Why this course?
HR is a mandatory function in all companies, no matter the size of the organisation. However for many non hr managers fulfilling this function, it’s not their sole role – often without any training. This course is the perfect solution for non hr managers!
- Module 1
Human Resource Planning
- What is human resource planning and where to start
- Gathering information – internal and external
- Analysing data and putting it all together
- The benefits of Human Resource planning
- Module 2
- Requirements of the role
- Candidate attraction
- Candidate selection
- Interview preparation
- Hiring and pre-employment checks
- Maintaining recruitment files
- Contract preparation
- Module 3
Staff retention and employee engagement
- What is employee engagement?
- Teams, team leaders and wellbeing
- Engagement strategies
- Engagement during change
- Module 4
Successful performance management
- What is performance management?
- Implementing performance management
- Conducting appraisals
- Learning and development
- Poor performance
- Module 5
Supporting staff mental health
- What is mental health?
- Raising awareness
- Developing a mental health framework
- Supporting employees
- Legal obligations
- Module 6
An introduction to Mindfulness in the Workplace
- What is mindfulness?
- The definition of mindfulness
- How do we practice mindfulness?
- Identifying mindfulness
- Organisational benefits of mindfulness
- Neurological response of the brain
- Guided meditation
- Module 7
Having difficult conversations
- Common scenarios
- Plan and prepre for difficult conversations
- The conversation
- Overcoming obstacles and challenging behaviour
- Dealing with misconduct – the do’s and don’ts
- Module 8
Employment law essentials
- Maternity, paternity and adoption rights
- Managing sickness and absence
- Termination of employment
- Module 9
Sample policies and procedures
Access to downloadable templates, policies and checklists that you can adopt for use in your organisation