Helping you support and enhance diversity and inclusion
Diversity is recognising the commonalities and differences between each other. Inclusion is respecting the differences between people. In the workplace, everyone is entitled to a safe and respected environment, and equal access to employment and opportunities.
Join us, for the launch of our Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace 2020 conference in London, where we will learn from some of the experts in D&I about how to make real changes in your organisation to support your D&I agenda.
What will you learn from this essential conference?
The business case for diversity & inclusion: the importance of Diversity & Inclusion in your organisation.
Aligning corporate and diversity & inclusion strategies: How do you ensure your D&I strategies are aligning with your overall corporate strategy?
Driving the diversity agenda with leadership and it’s effects on team performance.
How empowering role models can influence your current and future employees.
Handling the disciplinary procedure in the case of a discrimination and harassment complaint.
- Registration and refreshments
Chair’s welcome and introduction
- Julie Dennis
The business case for diversity & inclusion
- Julie Dennis
- The importance of Diversity & Inclusion in your organisation
• How D&I can nurture innovation
• Creating positive environments and driving change
- Refreshments and networking
Aligning corporate and diversity & inclusion strategies
• How do you ensure your D&I strategies are aligning with your overall corporate strategy?
• What’s the value of D&I?
• How to inspire D&I up the organisational chart.
Driving the diversity agenda with leadership
- Asif Sadiq MBE
• Inclusive leadership on team performance
• Not just a marketing ploy – showing internal changes the same as external
• The role of the Board of Directors in D&I
- Lunch and networking
Handling discrimination and harassment complaints as an employer
- New anti-harassment guidance in 2020
- How to support the complainant through the procedure
- Investigating the complaint
- Implementing the disciplinary procedure
Role models, representatives and diversity champions
- Shakil Butt
•Understanding the importance of organisation role models
• How empowering role models can influence your current and future employees
- Afternoon coffee & networking break
Inclusive networks to support employees
- Aisha Suleiman
• Targeted representation
• Targeted consultation
• Leadership and personal development opportunities for any employee, from entry level to board
• The education and inclusion of non-diverse members
- Close of conference