Are you in a managerial or supervisor role that is expected to deal with some human resource issues?
HR is a mandatory function in all companies, no matter the size of the organisation. However, for many people fulfilling this function, it’s not their sole role – and is often undertaken without any training.
Would you like to complete a comprehensive training course to improve your HR knowledge and ensure you are ready for any HR situation?
Then the HR for the Non-HR Manager Certificate is for you!
You’ll have a whole year to complete the course plus a certificate to download upon completion.
Why this course?
- Module 1
Human Resource Planning
What is human resource planning?
• Where to start
• What are the benefits?
• Useful templates and checklists
- Module 2
- Candidate selection
- Interview preparation
- Keeping proper personnel files
- Contract preparation
- Referee process and conducting other background checks
- Inductions – including health and safety policies
- Module 3
Staff retention and employee engagement
- What is employee engagement?
- Assessing current levels of engagement in your organisation
- Implementing engagement strategies
- Maintaining engagement during times of change
- Training line managers and supervisors to engage their employees
- Module 4
Successful performance management
- Identifying and supporting individual training needs Implementing organisation-wide performance management procedures
- Conducting effective performance reviews
- Setting time frames for development
- How to tackle issues of under-performance
- Module 5
Supporting staff mental health
- Promoting employee wellbeing
- Raising awareness and removing stigma
- Developing a mental health framework
- Understanding your obligations as an employer
- Managing employees with mental health issues
- Tackling work related stress
- Module 6
An introduction to Mindfulness in the Workplace
- The basics and benefits of mindfulness
- Understanding how mindfulness can benefit the workplaces
- Definitions and practices
- Debunking common myths
- Getting started with some basic exercises
- Module 7
Having difficult conversations
- Looking at common scenarios
- How to plan and preapre for difficult conversations
- Understanding how to overcome common obstacles to productive conversations
- Responding to challenging behaviour
- Dealing with misconduct – the do’s and don’ts
- Module 8
Employment law essentials
- Maternity, paternity and adoption rights
- Managing sickness and absence
- Discipline and grievance
- Termination of employment
- Module 9
Sample policies and procedures
Access to downloadable templates, policies and checklists that you can adopt for use in your organisation