Mental health related absenteeism rose to £14 billion during the pandemic
We all know that the pandemic has had an effect on people’s mental health throughout 2020/21, but no-one was prepared for just how huge the impact would be.
The chances are that a large proportion of your workforce have experienced a deterioration in their mental health which is affecting their work as well as their personal lives.
Acknowledging and responding to this challenge is vital for organisations, and with a greater focus being placed on employee wellbeing throughout this difficult time, it is essential to keep up the momentum and commit to long-term strategies and support.
Who is the conference for?
Heads of Wellbeing
PAs and Individuals interested in the mental health conversation.
- Registration and networking
- Chair’s welcome
Covid-19 & mental health
- What has been the impact on mental health of Covid-19?
- What will be the longer-term impact on mental health?
- How can we continue to support employee mental health
- Mental health & home working
- Break and networking
Your legal responsbilities
- What legislation applies to mental health in the workplace?
- How might the pandemic impact legal responsibilities for employers and employees?
- What constitutes a reasonable adjustment under The Equality Act 2010?
- Capability & discipline regulations around mental health
The effect of management styles on mental health
- How mental health affects performance at work
- What management styles have a negative impact on mental health?
- Training managers to be aware of mental health in their role
- Supporting homeworking and hybrid teams
- Supporting the mental health of senior management
- Networking lunch
Managing stress in today’s working environment
- What is the impact of stress on our mental and physical health?
- How can we monitor stress?
- Stress and remote working: getting the balance right
- Assessing proven stress management techniques
- How can we support employees with stress outside of the workplace?
- Break and networking
Developing an inclusive setting
- Why is inclusion important to mental health?
- What does an inclusive ethos look like?
- Equity versus equality
- Supporting the mental wellbeing of vulnerable employees
This is the opportunity for any further questions, comments or discussion on the topics delegates have heard throughout the day.
- Close of conference