THIS EVENT IS FREE TO ATTEND!
There has been a significant rise in school staff experiencing symptoms of poor mental health according to the Teacher Wellbeing Index 2020 from Education Support.
Although Covid-19 has had a particularly severe impact on school staff, the issue of poor educator wellbeing is not a new one, and the pressures and challenges faced existed long before the pandemic.
So, what can we do to better support staff mental health?
The Mental Health in Teaching Conference will provide guidance, support and inspiration to help improve the mental health and wellbeing of your workforce.
The conference will explore key topics including the pandemic, and will offer practical steps and strategies you can action in your school.
Put mental health and wellbeing at the heart of your decision-making!
*If you can’t make it to the live session, register anyway and we’ll send you the recording*
- Understand and address the key causes of poor staff mental health
- Hear from leading experts and gain invaluable guidance for your setting
- Gain practical strategies and actions you can implement straight away
- Learn how an Employee Assistance Programme could benefit your school
- Share knowledge, experiences and learning with your peers
- Registration and networking
- Chair’s Welcome
Assessing the state of staff mental wellbeing
Kelly HannaghanMental Health and Wellbeing Consultant, The Education People
- What has been the impact of Covid-19 on staff mental wellbeing?
- Mitigating the long-term effects on mental health
- Key causes of poor mental health in educators
- Putting wellbeing at the heart of your school
- Break and Networking
Practical strategies for supporting staff mental health
Jen Rooney (she/her)Director, The Wellbeing Tortoise; and Workplace Wellbeing & Disability Inclusion Specialist
- Setting up a staff wellbeing team
- Staff wellbeing activities
- Understanding and managing stress
- Mental health resources
Supportive management styles
- How management impacts staff mental health
- Addressing mental health in your team
- Supporting the mental health of management
- Developing emotional literacy in management
- Break and networking
Employee Assistance Programmes
- What is an EAP?
- Setting up an EAP
- Evaluating your EAP
Open Forum and Farewell
- Close of conference