Outstanding Early Years Manager Certificate: Level 3
From the creators of Outstanding Early Years Manager Certificate Levels 1 and 2.
The last year during the pandemic has been extremely challenging for Early Years Managers, including changing rules from the Government, staff absence, risk management, and managing business continuity, to name a few.
This is why it’s important to keep your skills up to date with the latest trends and legal requirements in early years, and be prepared for the future.
Introducing the Outstanding Early Years Manager Certificate: Level 3.
Launching 30th September 2021
We will be launching one module per week
Whether you’re new to the role of Early Years Manager, or looking to upgrade your professional development skills and stay abreast of the latest best practice, this new and unique online training course will help you:
- Ensure that your setting is compliant with legal requirements, including employment law and the health, safety and welfare of the children in your care.
- Learn how to recruit and retain staff and the importance of a diverse workforce.
- Gain key business management skills, including business planning and strategy, and how to market your setting.
- Feel more confident with financial management and budgeting with straightforward video guidance, covering areas such as understanding funding sources and managing costs.
How does it work?
- Delivered via our specialist online learning platform, UniqSkills
- Designed for independent, flexible learning you can access the course 24/7
- Each module consists of training videos, guidance and accompanying resources to use in your setting
- You have a years access to the course so you can complete it in your own time
- Receive a certificate upon completion
- Module 1
An introduction to effective business management
- Business planning and strategy.
- Business risk management.
- Continuity planning and disaster recovery.
- Assessing the impact of the pandemic.
- Module 2
- New: Health, safety and welfare of children.
- Maternity, paternity and adoption rights.
- Managing sickness and absence.
- Discipline and grievance.
- Termination of employment.
- Module 3
Building and maintaining your workforce
- Attracting the right staff to the role.
- Recruiting a diverse workforce.
- Employee engagement.
- Retention: What makes staff stay in post?
- Having difficult conversations.
- Stress management and work-life balance.
- Module 4
Marketing your early years setting
- Understanding the market and changing needs.
- Gaining and using feedback.
- Digital marketing.
- Word of mouth.
- Module 5
Financial management and budgeting
- Understanding financial management in your setting.
- Funding sources.
- Managing costs and driving efficiency.
- Measuring financial performance.
- Module 6
Communication and record keeping
- Communicating with parents and carers.
- Communicating with the wider community.
- Handling complaints.
- Policies and procedures.
- Data protection and GDPR.
- Public relations and the importance of reputation.
- Record keeping.