Quality First Teaching and differentiation are often talked about in education but what are they and why are they important?
Is it just for SEN students, and how are they implemented?
This short course will look at what they are and why they are important, but more importantly it will provide practical strategies that can be implemented easily in the classroom.
Available from October 2021
- Understanding Quality First Teaching & Differentiation and reviewing your own practice
- How to get the basics right, including lesson planning, multi-sensory learning and feedback
- Exploring differentiation in practice
- Implementation and next steps
How does this course work?
The fully online course is delivered via our specialist learning platform – you will be able to access training videos, written materials, downloadable templates, examples and tools, and a test at the end to check your learning.
Designed for flexible learning it means you can work at your own pace and in your own time, and with a year’s access you can keep going back to refresh your knowledge.
- Module 1
Quality First Teaching & Differentiation
- What is quality first teaching?
- What is differentiation
- Reviewing your own practice
- Challenging established thinking
- Module 2
Getting the basics right
- Basic standards to implement across the setting
- Simple lesson planning
- Multi-sensory learning
- Module 3
- Differentiating by task
- Scaffolding learning
- Mixed ability group working
- Differentiating when remote teaching
- Module 4
- Writing your own development plan (you don’t have to do it all straightaway)
- Linking with other approaches such as mastery learning
- Developing QFT as a whole school ethos
- Providing staff support and training