Is your care provision COVID-secure?
COVID-19 has presented one of the biggest challenges to care providers in recent years, and has brought health and safety practices to the forefront of care.
Care providers are responsible for the health and safety of staff and for providing safe care for service users and must appoint a competent person to ensure that they meet their health and safety responsibilities, including CQC requirements. Yet health and safety is a complex area, and not everyone carrying out this role has been given specialist training.
This is where we can help. Our comprehensive Risk Management for Care Providers Certificate takes you through managing all aspects of health and safety in your organisation to protect staff, service users and visitors. It also provides a train the trainer module to help you to train new staff on providing safe care.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Consisting of 10 different modules, over 40 training videos, lots of downloadable templates and documents, this unique online training allows you to work at your own pace and saves your place if you want to return to it another time. Once you’ve completed all modules, you’ll be able to download your certificate to demonstrate you have undertaken health and safety training.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL BE ABLE TO START THE TRAINING FROM APRIL 2021.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Comply with health and safety legislation and CQC requirements.
- Carry out risk assessment to protect the safety of staff, visitors and service users.
- Provide safe care for service users and prevent the spread of infection.
- Make your service Covid-secure
- Implement effective health and safety policies and procedures.
- Provide health and safety inductions for new staff and keep them up to date.
What makes the Risk Management for Care Providers Certificate perfect for you:
- Our unique system will let you work through this specialist training programme at your own pace and at a time you choose.
- You will be able to test your knowledge along the way with quizzes and tests to identify gaps in your knowledge.
- Hear from our range of experts on all aspects of your role.
- Access tools, templates, checklists and policies that you can download and start using straight away in your organisation.
- Access the training anytime, anywhere, in a format that suits you, either on your computer, tablet or mobile.
- Module 1:
Legal framework and responsibilities (1 hour)
- Health and safety legislation
- Responsibilities for health and safety
- CQC and health and safety/IPC inspections
- Leading health and safety
- Test your knowledge for module 1
- Module 2:
Risk management (1.5 hours)
- Identifying hazards
- Evaluating risk
- Accident and incident reporting
- Implementing the health and safety policy
- Emergency planning, including for a pandemic, shortage of medical supplies/medication, etc
- Fire prevention and evacuation plans
- Record keeping, audits and reviews
- Test your knowledge for module 2
- Module 3:
Health and safety in the workplace: part one (1.5 hours)
- Expectant mothers
- Home working
- Contractor safety
- Workplace equipment safety and maintenance
- Computer users and workstations
- First aid
- Test your knowledge for module 3
- Module 4:
Health and safety in the workplace: part two (1.5 hours)
- Lone working
- Work related stress
- Violence against staff
- Drugs and alcohol
- Test your knowledge for module 4
- Module 5:
Premises and equipment safety: part one (1.5 hours)
- Site security
- Electrical safety
- Safety signs and signals
- Hazardous substances
- Test your knowledge for module 5
- Module 6:
Premises and equipment safety: part two (1.5 hours)
- Slips, trips and falls
- Moving and handling of service users
- Hoist safety
- Disability safety, including access and adapting premises
- Visiting, including during a pandemic
- Personal protective equipment
- Kitchen safety
- Test your knowledge for module 6
- Module 7:
Safety of service users: part one (1.5 hours)
- Infection control
- Sharps handling
- Cleaning and sterlising equipment
- Managing waste
- Laundry facilities and procedures
- Personal hygiene
- Test your knowledge for module 7
- Module 8:
Safety of service users: part two (1.5 hours)
- Medication management
- Supporting people to eat and drink safely
- Food safety and hygiene
- First aid
- Bed rails safety
- Window safety
- Cathetor safety
- Safety in palliative care, including during the pandemic
- Test your knowledge for module 8
- Module 9:
Health and safety: Level 1 Train the trainer (1.5 hours)
- Training ALL new staff on health and safety
- Training staff to provide safe care
- Keeping staff, service users and family/carers informed
- Accessible information
- Administering the training programme
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the training programme
- Sample training presentations and handouts
- Test your knowledge for module 9
- Module 10:
Making your service covid-19-secure
- Understanding COVID-19 and ‘long COVID’ and government advice
- What to do if someone has symptoms
- Ensuring suffienct staff during a pandemic
- Risk assessments for a pandemic
- Protecting service users from infection
- Managing hospital releases post covid
- Cleaning your premises and hygiene practices
- Resuscitation and DNACPR during the pandemic
- Effective communication and record-keeping
- Business continuity (in the event of an outbreak)
- Test your knowledge for module 10