The SENCO Specialist Certificate has been designed to keep SENCOs up-to-date but it also offers practical guidance on how to influence and change the mindset of others – a problem that SENCOs have been experiencing for some time!
It consists of a one-day workshop, four-week training course and assessed audit tool – all CPD-certified.
How it works
- Attend a one-day training workshop – to work through a detailed agenda, meet with colleagues and ask the questions that matter to you.
- Four module reading programme – which you can download after the initial day, prepared by our expert tutor. Each module contains further reading, key learning points and questions for reflection.
- Complete your tailored in-school audit tool and have it assessed by an expert. The workshop and reading modules will equip you with all the knowledge you need to complete your audit tool. Once you have finished, simply send it off to our expert for feedback.
- We will issue you with a CPD-accredited Certificate of Specialist Competence – this demonstrates to Ofsted and other authorities that you have taken the SENCO Specialist Certificate.
- Part 1: Workshop
- Registration and refreshments
Session 1: The Role of the SENCo
- Legal responsibilities including The Equality Act 2010
- SEN Code of Practice
- Interpreting the regulations regarding the SEN register
- The referral system
- Implementing the graduated response
- Making an EHCP application
- Refreshment break
Session 2: Developing SEN Provision
- Auditing your provision
- Using evidence-based interventions for effective outcomes
- Developing an SEN Resource Bank
- Reasonable adjustments in line with The Equality Act 2010
- Ensuring effective CPD for all staff
Session 3: SEN and inspection
- Measuring achievement and evaluating the experiences of pupils with SEN
- Gathering evidence for Ofsted inspection
- Developing an action plan
- School Information Report & SEN Policy
- Refreshment break
Session 4: SEN Support Staff
- Support staff roles
- Leading a team of SEN staff
- Ensuring best practice by support staff
- Incorporating SEN support staff into daily school life
- Future reading and arrangements for submitting your response and audit form. Email training and certification arrangements.
- Close of workshop
Part 2: Post event modules
Follow Up Modules:
- SEN & Safeguarding
- Access Arrangements
- SEN Governor
- Conducting lesson observations
- Working with other departments in school
- The EHCP in detail
- The Local Offer
- LA Ofsted & CQC Inspections
- SEN Pupil Voice
- Ensuring successful transitions
- Effectively working with parents
Audit form assessment and submission
Part 3: Post event feedback
Return your completed audit tool back to us and receive feedback from our expert speaker and author.
Part 4: School Attendance Officer Certificate
Your specialist certificate of competence will be sent out to you in the post.