Become an effective and inspirational leader
With the world opening back up again, businesses are expanding their opportunities and increasing their workforces. Thus, new managers are being brought up through the ranks into their first leadership roles.
Why is this training so important?
But all too often line managers aren’t given the formal training they need with 80% of managers claiming to have received little or no management training.
Where does your organisation align with this statistic?
Sign up today for the Successful Line Management Certificate, and invest in your management, productivity and employee retention.
Perfect for new managers, or those looking to update or continuously improve their skills, this comprehensive, interactive training will equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours you need to be an effective line manager and support the achievement of your organisation’s goals.
How is the training delivered?
The training is delivered in two comprehensive parts, providing a perfect blend of face-to-face learning, and flexible independent study.
- Attend a one-day face-to-face training day with expert David Head, who will guide you through the agenda with a variety of presentations, group work, case studies, role play scenarios and actionable takeaways.
- Meet with colleagues, ask the questions that matter to you and your organisation and make lasting professional connections.
- A two module reading programme send to you after the one-day training. Each module contains further reading, key learning points and questions for reflection, so you can use what you have learnt and apply it to your setting.
- Upon completion of both parts, you will receive a CPD-accredited Certificate of Specialist Competence to demonstrate to your organisation you are prepared and ready to lead your team.
What will you learn?
- What does it take to be a manager?
- Understanding personality types
- Managing, motivating and engaging your team
- How to delegate, relinquish control and returning work for improvements
- Improve your communication skills with active listening, how to question and building a positive rapport
- The difference with mentoring and coaching
- How to manage conflict and have difficult conversations
- Managing a remote team
- How to support the mental health and wellbeing of your team
Session 1: What does it take to be a manager?
- What are the roles and responsibilities of a manager?
- What type of manager are you?
- Working with senior leadership
Session 2: Understanding Personality Types
- What are the various types of personality?
- How does your management style interact with each personality?
- Adapting to the needs and traits of your staff
- Morning Break
Session 3: Managing A Team
- Motivating and engaging your team
- The importance of emotional intelligence
- How to effectively manage a team remotely
Session 4: The Art of Successful Delegation
- Why should you delegate and how to?
- Accepting work and returning for improvements
- The importance of relinquishing control
Session 5: Communication Skills
- How are your words and actions coming across?
- Identifying barriers to effective communication
- Active listening and questioning skills
- How to build a positive rapport
Session 6: Mentoring and Coaching
- What’s the difference between mentoring and coaching?
- How to be an effective mentor
- Hosting a coaching session
- Afternoon Break
Session 7: Managing Conflict and Difficult Conversations
- Tackling sensitive workplace issues
- Conflict managing techniques for non-conforming staff
- How to approach bullying & harassment and sexual harassment
- Preventing future conflict
- End of Training
Module 1: Remote Team Leadership
- Effective leadership behaviours for remote teams
- Communication methods and channels for remote working
- How often and when should you communicate with your team?
- Digital distraction: how to be available but productive to your team
Module 2: Managing Mental Health and Wellbeing
- How to identify mental health problems in your team
- How to support a team member struggling with their mental wellbeing
- Preventing stress as a manager
- How to manage your own wellbeing
What did learners from the Becoming an Effective Line Manager Online Certificate have to say?Facilities Manager, Rusthall Lodge Housing Association“Really enjoyed the course. I felt that I really learned, and at my own pace.”