With Ofqual announcing that students can re-take their exams in the Autumn, no allowances will be made in regard to the impacts of the pandemic, and grades will be based entirely on exam performance in most subjects, school leaders are understandably concerned.
The Effective Exams Officer Conference will provide timely guidance on how to be effective in your role during this increasingly difficult time, providing guidance on how the Autumn Exams season will run, and how to prepare for any potential issues.
The conference will also look beyond 2021 and explore the likely challenges for returning to ‘normal’ and how to effectively prepare students for the 2022 exam season.
It will explore key issues around access arrangements, developing and succeeding in your role, and training and managing invigilators.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
The key topics include:
- Being an Exams Officer through and beyond the pandemic
- Returning to normal 2022
- Access arrangements – regulations, guidance and effective practice
- Challenges for The Exams Officer
- Group Discussion: sharing good practice and feedback
- Training and managing invigilators
Being an Exams Officer through and beyond the pandemic
- How has the exam officer’s role changed?
- The Autumn Exam Series – what do you need to know?
- Incorporating Covid regulations into any exams
- Looking after your own wellbeing
Returning to normal 2022
- What are likely to be the challenges returning to normal?
- Effectively preparing students for the exam season 2022
- Updating contingency plans
- Supporting teaching staff to prepare students
Access arrangements – regulations, guidance and effective practice
- The exams officer’s role in Access Arrangements
- Implementing access arrangements for mock exams
- Preparing for 2022 in advance
- Using technology in exams – best practice
- Lunch and networking
Challenges for The Exams Officer
- Re-establishing the importance of your role
- Becoming a vital part of the school
- Developing positive working relationships across the school
- Demonstrating your value
Group Discussion: sharing good practice and feedback
Training and managing invigilators
- Recruiting and retaining invigilators
- Effective invigilator training
- Common challenges and practical solutions
- Ensuring effective and vigilant exam room management