Designed for HR professionals, employers and in-house legal teams, The Employment Law Certificate will provide a comprehensive overview of key concepts, policies and practice to help you to navigate the ever-changing and complex employment law landscape.
The fully online course will explore common areas which arise in the workplace – including restructuring and redundancy, grievance and disciplinary issues, employment tribunal claims and sickness absence – and will make sure you are fully compliant with Employment Law.
It will also look at issues of growing significance, such as mental health and wellbeing, remote and flexible working, and discrimination and equality.
The course will look at recent employment law developments and their impact on the workplace, as well as consider future arrangements with the EU and Brexit.
Providing expert guidance and best practice advice, the course has been designed to help you to better understand and manage the employment issues you face, make sure you are remaining compliant, and preventing disputes, conflict and tribunal claims.
**Please note: access to the course will not be granted until payment has been made.**
Course content and how the online course works
Why this course?
- Helping you to manage restructuring – including planning, consultation, employee rights, having difficult conversations, and avoiding tribunal claims
- Best practice procedures for handling workplace disputes and conflict
- Your legal obligations around supporting mental health and wellbeing – and why you should go beyond compliance
- Guidance for establishing the employment relationship – including types of workers, contracts and terms and conditions of employment
- A roundup of recent employment law changes and future legal arrangements
- Understanding the impact of Brexit on employment law and how it might affect your organisation
How does it work?
The course is fully online and designed for flexible, independent learning – you will have a year’s access to the course so you can learn at your own pace, and at times which suit you.
Delivered via our specialist online learning platform UNIQSKILLS, the course consists of training videos, written and downloadable materials, and a test at the end of each module to check your learning.
- Module 1
Establishing the employment relationship
- Recruitment – your legal obligations
- Employment status
- Contracts of employment
- Equal pay and gender pay gap reporting
- Maternity, paternity and adoption rights
- Module 2
Dealing with difficulties in the workplace – grievance and disciplinary
- Grievance – key principles and formal procedures
- Effectively managing disciplinary issues
- Guidance on bullying and harassment
- Preventing and addressing discrimination
- Whistleblowing in the workplace
- Module 3
Restructuring and managing termination of employment
- Redundancies – key stages and processes
- Changing terms and conditions of employment
- Handling TUPE transfers
- Unfair Dismissal
- Avoiding employment tribunal claims
- Module 4
Health, wellbeing, and managing sickness absence
- Where does the law stand on mental health?
- What more can you do to support employee wellbeing?
- Disability discrimination under the Equality Act
- Managing short and long-term sickness absence
- Module 5
New and future working practices and legal arrangements
- An overview: recent employment law developments
- Enabling remote, flexible and agile working
- Digitisation and the workforce
- EU Changes and Brexit