An estimated 10% of the population are believed to be dyslexic…
Understand this condition better by completing the Understanding Dyslexia Short Course.
This course provides a general introduction to dyslexia, looking at the history and how we currently support those with dyslexia. It discusses the characteristics of dyslexia and how this affects learning and gives guidance on how to support children who have or who show signs of dyslexia.
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to develop their understanding of dyslexia for personal or professional reasons.
**Please note: access to the course will not be granted until payment has been made.**
- What is Dyslexia?
- Diagnosing Dyslexia
- Dyslexia in daily life
- Supporting Dyslexia
- Module 1:
What is Dyslexia?
- What is the history of Dyslexia?
- What are the main characteristics of Dyslexia?
- Dyslexia and neurotypical/neurodiverse
- Genetics of Dyslexia
- Common terminology & associated conditions
- Module 2:
- How important is diagnosis
- How diagnosis is made & commonly used assessments
- What does dyslexia feel like
- Module 3:
Dyslexia in daily life
- How dyslexia affects daily life
- Executive function skills
- Using technology to allow independence
- Strengths of dyslexia
- Dyslexia & mental health
- Module 4:
- Interventions & evaluating evidence
- Supporting within family life
- Supporting within education
- Supporting in the workplace & adulthood